Thursday, October 20, 2011

Time..Like a Whisper In Your Ear....








These are the days of our lives flashing by at warp speed but yet whispering in our ears quietly as it wisps by. If you don't stop and truly take a look at all that is going on, really absorb it, suddenly our kids are older and just like that, it's gone.  My life has been in phases, that's normal, whose life isn't in phases?  But chunked very clearly..  I want it all to mean something, to matter and to have been so worth the ride.  I think it will.  I am always thinking about how our boys will be as adults and then as parents.  That's how I parent, teaching for the ultimate thing; giving back to our world and to be loving, kind individuals because that is how they will parent too.  At least, that is the hope.

I have become of all things a gold buyer kind of part time independent consultant type thing.  Nothing to fully depend on, but helps in between.  It's been interesting and fun and absolutely brought me out of my shell even more.  Kudos for that and to all there is a reason, time, and season.  I am enjoying fully the people aspect of it and love paying folks for their old stuff because I'm telling you, in this economy, EVERYONE is hurting.  I get the joy of making people's day/s.  I would never ever have dreamed to be doing this one year ago but life does take us on twists and turns in the blink of an eye.  That, we can all say.

I've started a new site on Facebook called The Hampton Roads Trading Post.  Trying to create a venue for folks to sell/buy/trade as the aforementioned economy is spiraling and why not recycle and reuse when we can?  Doing BookFair at the Elementary School again, turning into more fun and excitement than I once thought.  Great for the kids at school, great to take something and make it work as a group, great to give back.

Lucas' birthday was this past Saturday.  He would have been nine years old.  I think in Heaven he's still a baby but part of me wonders if God doesn't let the little babies who leave our world grow up in Heaven so they can fulfill the potential they had here on Earth.  So that leads me on the wondering path...what does he look like now?  What is his personality, besides angelic?  Suddenly, I am thinking of getting the courage to upload the video of Lucas I had made for Ivan up to YouTube to maybe preserve it.  We'll see if I'm brave enough.  Just thinking of that video has me in tears now as I write, so I'm not sure there is strength in me to do that.  If so, I may link it here.

The boys.  They are my everything.  I love them so very much.  Ivan is the culmination of a strong, loving, selfless, man.  I cherish his presence in my life every day.  Every morning I bother him (well you know) with all my dreams I had the night before, all the thoughts rambling through my brain, all the love I feel for him, everything.  I do it every morning.  I likely drive him insane.  I don't care.  I want him to know how I feel and never have a doubt.  -The Oldest makes us proud and he's hilarious with his antics and humor.  He barely has to apply himself but for one class at school and while that makes me proud, it also maddens me. He is phenomenal with his trumpet too.  Already planning for the next Variety Show and what to sing this next March.  The Littlest, he's doing very well.  Math seems to be a breeze for him and he's reading above his grade level, seems to be taking it all in stride as a little first grader.  It's all about whether or not he "flipped his stick" that day.  Only happened twice so far this year, I'm sure there will be more "flipping" he's too impish for that not to happen.  :)  Both filled with utter personality and while they have their battles, I'm comforted in their friendship and love for one another even though six years apart.  I know they will forever have each other and that is a fantastic feeling.  As we know this big bad world sometimes has other plans for things so to see them get along fairly well and defend each other, rescue each other, play together, fight, yell, get through it, and do it all over again?  Melts my heart everyday.    The Oldest.  The Middlest.  The Littlest.  I don't know who I'd be if we never had them, met them, loved them, and taught them.  I really don't.  So I'm thankful for them and for a lot in my life.  Whether we have a house, don't have a house, have all the material things, the things I dream of, or don't have them, we have each other.  It sounds so trite and so coined, but nothing could be more true.  Material things, sure you can have everything but where would you put it all?  At some point, a house looks overwhelming with all of it.  I strive for simplicity, enjoyment, and love.  At the end of the day, those things, and your belief in God are all that truly matter.  Enough said.

Signed-
Thankful
Jenn

No comments: