Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Girl and her Glass of Wine..

You know, I find that in the last year or so, I have taken to having a glass of wine every night while I cook, if I can help it that is.  What does that say about me?  I really don't know, but I like whatever it is!  Sometimes, I will even have a second with dinner.  I never used to do this. It absolutely mellows me out and takes the day down a notch or two.  Things that previously sent me over a rainbow, get taken with a grain of salt when I am drinking a glass of wine.


It's a good thing, right?  Yes, yes, its a good thing.  Come on now, let's all agree on this one.  I have slowly begun changing (slowly) from white to red.  WOW!  If you know me, you know I like it white and sweet.  But, I am finding that every now and then a nice glass of warm red wine is just PERFECT and while I swing around the kitchen and dance in and out of the traffic (boys, husband, and dog) I keep a more level head and less bitter thoughts come out of my mouth when nursing a good glass of wine.  Let's consider our days as women...wait, let's consider mine.  Some think I have it easy.  I only work part time.  Wow!  I must  have it easy, right?  Sure.  My life is SO easy.  NOT.  

BECAUSE I am part time (which is exactly how I think I want it right now, note the key word, 'think') I put a lot of pressure on myself to do more and get it all done on time.  I think it drains me more.  I am quite afraid of losing time with the boys.  I have already lost a lifetime with Lucas, I have no intention of losing any more if I can help it with the Oldest and Littlest.  So each day is crammed full of more than I probably should and by the evening, whether I've just been at work or had a day at home, I'm spent.  That little glass of wine helps me be balanced.  Sounds crazy, but yes, I have found that it is true.  Thank goodness for the creator of wine, whoever discovered it.  I am thankful.  




Now when I am OUT, with a friend, with my honey, at an event, just OUT with no kids (ok, sometimes with kids) I



a good margarita.  Oh yes, that is my huge weakness.  Or a martini.  Ok, I digress. Margarita it is.  :)

A girl has to relax.  A girl has to let loose.  A girl needs to have fun!  Even a 42 year old girl, its true.  I am good, I never take it too far, PWOMISE.  :)

No comments: